Our Commitment To You Our business is built on your trust, and we take privacy and security very seriously. At our core, First is a data company here to serve real estate agents – and we consider every piece of data to be privileged information and will treat it accordingly. We’ve incorporated security measures, and are continually developing new ways to deliver insights and value to you without compromising our commitment to the highest standards of privacy (more on those below, from our lawyers).
- We at First Leads Inc. (“First”, “we”, “us” or “our”) know you care about how your personal information is used and shared – and we take your privacy seriously.
How We Collect It
- “Personal Information” is any information you submit that identifies you, would enable someone to contact you, or that describes your relationship with First. When you sign up for our Service, we will collect all information necessary to set up your Account, such as your name, real estate license number, e-mail and mailing addresses, and company/brokerage
How We Use It
- We use your Personal Information to complete transactions, to provide you with the features, functions and benefits of the Service, respond to your requests, and to enhance, improve, add to and further develop the Service (such as, creating new features or functions, refining or personalizing the user experience, increasing Service technical performance, etc.).
- We may also use your Personal Information to contact you with Service notifications and to notify you of promotions, updates, or special offers that we think may interest you.
How We Collect It
- “Content” is any information that you submit, or that our systems collect from your address book(s) and/or email providers at sign-up and as you use the Service. We use an email service API (e.g., the Gmail API, which issues First an access token when you activate the feature) for this feature where possible to streamline your use of the Service.
How We Use It
- We will never sell, rent, publish, or share your Content to third parties without your permission. Period.
- In order to provide you with insights about important activity within your network, we may combine your Content with information we collect from third party sources to create more complete data records (“Augmented Data”).
- We collect certain information from the following third party sources: (a) third parties who license, sell or otherwise provide data they have collected; or (b) information from publicly available sources, such as public county records, via the Internet and social networks, including through public or licensed APIs (“Public Data”). We do not collect data from webpages that have been designated (in a standards-based way) as private.
- Nothing shall restrict our right to use, access, process, collect, disclose, share or distribute any Public Data, even if such Public Data is duplicative of your Content.
- We will not process your Content for purposes of cookie tracking, ad exchanges, ad networks, or sending electronic communications (including email).
- Content and Personal Information we collect may be aggregated and made available without identifying you to ascertain trends, products, security/privacy patterns and research, internal record keeping and reporting, measuring and reporting learning, performance and other statistical information concerning any aspect of the Service.
- We also may disclose Content and Personal Information about you if we are required to do so by law or legal process, or to law enforcement authorities or other government entities based on a lawful disclosure request, or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. We reserve the right to transfer Personal Information and Content in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, spin-off, dissolution or liquidation).
Third Party Links We use the services of other companies in order to provide you with the best information. When you click on these sites, you leave our Service. We do not control or endorse the content, resources, business practices or policies of these sites. Our terms do not apply to your use of these sites. We disclaim all responsibility and liability for the availability and accuracy of these sites and the content they host. You agree that we are not liable in any way for any damage or loss (actual or alleged) cause by or in connection with your use of or reliance on these sites.
Security / Data Protection
- We are committed to safeguarding your Personal Information and Content. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures protect against unauthorized and unlawful access, use, disclosure, destruction, loss and alteration.
- No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while First uses commercially reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information and Content, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Access by Children First does not target, market, contact or ask for the Personal Information of children. If we find out that a child’s Personal Information has been collected, we will attempt to promptly delete this information.
Notice to California Residents California residents may ask us to provide them with a list of certain categories of Personal Information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and the identity of those third parties. This is subject to California Civil Code § 1798.83. To make this request, California residents may contact us as specified in the Contact Us section below.
- Address: 201 West Main Street, Suite 305, Durham NC 27701
- Phone Number: 919.672.5329